Error in processing for Signals: Unable to locate Signals

StrataSearch has many powerful features, with many techniques and approaches to explore. Here we discuss the things we've done, and the things we'd like to do.

Error in processing for Signals: Unable to locate Signals

Postby gmg733 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:50 am

I get an error that my Signals are not in the database. It ran fine up till two days ago when I removed one of the signals that was in the middle. I run a price update and then I run my 4 signals for morning trading.

What is weird is the processor pauses between my first signal and the second signal, which is between the second and third task on my schedule list. If I go to the processor and just hit resume the signals process like normal.

Maybe I need to reboot. Any idea what is going on?

Thanks.
gmg733

Re: Error in processing for Signals: Unable to locate Signa

Postby Overload » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:40 am

Could you provide the exact error you're getting? I have not heard of "Signals" not being found in the database.

As for the Processor Pause, that is normal by default when an error occurs. If you want additional items in the queue to continue running even if there is an error, you can change that setting on the Setups > System Settings menu, "Pause Processor if error is encountered" box.

Pete
Overload

Postby gmg733 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:01 pm

Exact Error Message:

<date> <time> Error in processing for Signals:: Unable to locate Signal definitions in database.

Like I said, my price update runs and then my first signal setup with no issues. The processor pauses (as it should) and all I have to do is resume to get the remaining three signals to process.

Thanks.
gmg733

Postby Overload » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:58 am

I believe this error will arise if you create a Signal Setup, trigger it with a Scheduling Setup, and then delete the Signal Setup. Even if you then recreate a new Signal Setup with the same name, you'll still get this error.

To fix it, you'll need to go back into the Scheduling Setups and re-enter the setup for the Daily Signal that no longer exists.

Pete
Overload

Return to General Discussion