Multiple Sectors in OneClick

StrataSearch has many powerful features, with many techniques and approaches to explore. Here we discuss the things we've done, and the things we'd like to do.

Multiple Sectors in OneClick

Postby rjay » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:22 am

When selecting more than one sector in a OneClick, are the entry/exit rules applied to all chosen sectors in one run before moving onto the next random rule set ? I presumed that was how it would work, but it looks as if it is choosing a rule, applying it to only one of the sectors, then randomly choosing another rule and another sector.

If it is not applying the rule to all the chosen sectors at the same time, I presume the only way to do achieve this would be to create another sector with the contents of the sectors I want to use together. Is there a way to merge sectors into a new sector ?
rjay

Re: Multiple Sectors in OneClick

Postby Overload » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:08 pm

When selecting more than one sector in a OneClick, are the entry/exit rules applied to all chosen sectors in one run before moving onto the next random rule set ? I presumed that was how it would work, but it looks as if it is choosing a rule, applying it to only one of the sectors, then randomly choosing another rule and another sector.

That is correct. It runs each combination against only one of the sectors, randomly.

If it is not applying the rule to all the chosen sectors at the same time, I presume the only way to do achieve this would be to create another sector with the contents of the sectors I want to use together. Is there a way to merge sectors into a new sector ?

That would allow you to test all of the symbols in all of the sectors combined, if that works for you. Here is how you can merge sectors using the Screener:

1) Open the Screener, and click the New button to start a new screen. The Rank and Selection entries should be empty.

2) Select your first Sector as the sector selection, and click Calculate. You should then have a list of all the symbols in that sector.

3) Click the "Save..." button on the top right, and save the symbol list to a New Sector with the name of your choice.

4) Back on the Screener, change the sector selection to your 2nd Sector, and again click the Calculate button.

5) Again click the "Save..." button, but this time save to and Existing Sector. It should be the same sector you created in Step 3 above.

When complete, your new Sector should have the symbols from both of your existing sectors. If desired, you can continue this process to combine as many sectors as you'd like.

Pete
Overload

Return to General Discussion