Help with event occurrance

StrataSearch has many powerful features, with many techniques and approaches to explore. Here we discuss the things we've done, and the things we'd like to do.

Help with event occurrance

Postby Lee247 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:25 pm

Hi, need help with coding this: the most recent swing low (I know how to code this) is lower than the one before it and that that one is lower than the one before and so on if necessary. Thank you.
Lee247

Re: Help with event occurrance

Postby Overload » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:11 pm

I'm not sure of a way to code that exclusively within a StrataSearch Script. But you might have some luck making use of the zig() formula from this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=372&p=1619

As mentioned in the above thread, the last line in the zig() pattern cannot be used for live trading, since it changes historically based on the most recent price. For example, adding today's price might change the zig() value from 2 weeks ago. Still, once a reversal has been made, the lines should remain in place, so anything prior to the most recent line can be used for live trading. It may still take a little experimentation to get the proper code for what you're looking for, but my guess is the zig() formula could be of some help.

Pete
Overload

Re: Help with event occurrance

Postby Lee247 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:02 am

Thank you for promptitude. I will try to see how can I make use of the zig-zag formula.
Lee247

Return to General Discussion