Ranking by Strongest Sector

StrataSearch has many powerful features, with many techniques and approaches to explore. Here we discuss the things we've done, and the things we'd like to do.

Ranking by Strongest Sector

Postby WebX99 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:52 pm

I have been searching Help and this forum for answers but have not seen what I am looking for.

How does one setup the RANK tabs to select stocks from the strongest sectors?

What I would like to do is Rank first by strongest sector (ROC, Momentum etc).
Secondly pick the strongest stocks withing that sector by a ranking method of my choosing.

I appreciate the feedback! :D

Rick
WebX99

Re: Ranking by Strongest Sector

Postby Jaded » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:06 pm

I am not aware of any way to screen or rank "by sector" or even determine if the current stock being processed belongs to a certain sector. All the sector references allow you to do is to reference data in a specific sector, but you must know the name of that sector.

Maybe Pete has some more insight on this, but I can't think of how it would be possible. It would be a great feature though. Maybe an in_sector("Name Of Sector") function that returns 1 if the current symbol being processed is in the sector named -- that would be a start and you could go from there with a custom formula or something for ranking based on a list of sectors that you provide... just an idea.
Jaded

Re: Ranking by Strongest Sector

Postby Overload » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:08 am

I also don't know of a way to do that. Because only one sector is evaluated with each strategy, it isn't possible to perform a ranking of multiple sectors within that same strategy.

Pete
Overload

Return to General Discussion