A list showing what each of the Trading Rule Filters search

StrataSearch has many powerful features, with many techniques and approaches to explore. Here we discuss the things we've done, and the things we'd like to do.

A list showing what each of the Trading Rule Filters search

Postby seaworthy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:09 pm

Is there a list or table that describes what each of the standard Trading Rules Filters do specifically. For example, which indicators does “Market Breadth” include or “Index Divergence” and at what thresholds are they triggered?

I searched the manual .PDF and couldn’t find definitions, but I’m probably overlooking it somewhere…
seaworthy

Re: A list showing what each of the Trading Rule Filters sea

Postby Overload » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:34 am

There isn't a list apart from the names in the 4 tabs of the AutoSearch Setup, but you can use the Entry/Exit String Filter on the AutoSearch Setup to put in a formula and see all the rules that contain that formula. The thresholds aren't available because in most cases the trading rules are set with variables, so the thresholds will change from one combination to the next.

If you're not familiar with what Trading Rules are and where they come from, I highly recommend Tutorial #2 in the help. In particular, #5 - Using AutoSearch Automation.

Pete
Overload

Return to General Discussion