Non-stock Related Entry/Exit Strings

StrataSearch will find what you tell it to, but what should that be? Will the same criteria work across different Sectors? Different time periods? Here we discuss the ins and outs of OneClick Searches.

Non-stock Related Entry/Exit Strings

Postby prlester » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:00 am

Hello, how can I avoid getting entry and exit strings like: "(sector($curexchange,inr(10,19))>50)". In other words I only want entry/exit strings that are related to the stock price regardless of sector, exchange etc. My oneclick autosearch is setup for stock component only but I'm always getting these "sector" strings. Thanks for any help.

Patrick
prlester

Re: Non-stock Related Entry/Exit Strings

Postby Overload » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:12 am

There are a couple of AutoSearch Setups already created that have these removed. They are named:

No Sector Indexes
No Sector Indexes Optimization

In your OneClick Setup, General tab, change the AutoSearch setting to "No Sector Indexes". Then, on the OneClick Setup, Optimization tab, change the AutoSearch Optimization setting to "No Sector Indexes Optimization".

You can of course use your own AutoSearch Setups if you'd like, but remember that a OneClick Setup can reference 2 AutoSearch Setups -- one for the main search and a separate one for the optimization.

Keep in mind that these changes only affect new strategies that are evaluated by your OneClick Search, but has no affect on the strategies that have already been found. To start your OneClick Search over from scratch, click the "Clear Results" button in the OneClick Setups.

Hope this helps.

Pete
Overload

Re: Non-stock Related Entry/Exit Strings

Postby prlester » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:39 pm

OK. Got it. Thanks Pete

Patrick
prlester

Return to OneClick Searches and Scoring