Changing End Date on Dynamic OneClick after completed?

StrataSearch will find what you tell it to, but what should that be? Will the same criteria work across different Sectors? Different time periods? Here we discuss the ins and outs of OneClick Searches.

Changing End Date on Dynamic OneClick after completed?

Postby Jaded » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:16 pm

Is it possible to change the end date on a dynamic oneclick system once the current end date has been hit?

My theory is to make a dynamic strategy that is based on the current fundamental data available from Quotes Plus, but since the data is only current (~3 months for quarterly data).. would it be possible to create a dynamic system from June 2010 to January 2011 and then once it finished up on the January 2011 and is finished, go back in and change the end date to the current date?

I really want to use Quotes Plus fundamental data (or any type of fundamental data, but historical data is costly from everywhere I look, and hard to import)... If you can think of any possible way to create a walk forward type of system that I can run weekly/monthly to improve, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Jaded

Re: Changing End Date on Dynamic OneClick after completed?

Postby Overload » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:02 am

Yes, you can definitely change the end date on a dynamic OneClick system. That is in fact the recommended method for trading a dynamic system.

Pete
Overload

Return to OneClick Searches and Scoring