Single Symbol search confusion

StrataSearch will find what you tell it to, but what should that be? Will the same criteria work across different Sectors? Different time periods? Here we discuss the ins and outs of OneClick Searches.

Single Symbol search confusion

Postby lenfox » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:30 pm

I am having a tough time setting up for a single symbol for a single system. I set up for 1 portfolio and 1 multi-system. Does not let me set up single system. My objective is to search for a system that moves portfolio 100% in and out based on a single system.

When I review the results and create a signal from that result the outcomes seem to be generating multiple trades. I review the "lAST 120 DAYS" I see trades dissapear when I click "portfolio only" and they return when I unclick it. Can anyone explain to me which trades are actual and which are not and why? I am confused.

Thanks
lenfox

Re: Single Symbol search confusion

Postby Overload » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:19 pm

You correctly set the OneClick Portfolio Sizes for 1, but you probably didn't set the Number of Strategies created in the multi-system to be 1 as well. This isn't a requirement, since it's entirely valid to have multiple strategies, even though you're trading a Portfolio Size of 1. For example, you might have 5 strategies, with each putting your single symbol in the market 10% of the time under different conditions. However, it's when these 5 strategies overlap that the "portfolio only" listing might be different than the "all trades".

If you wanted to remove this possibility, you'd need to enter the OneClick Setup, General tab, and change the Number of Strategies to 1. You won't get the benefit of multiple strategies trading your single symbol together, but you also won't have the possibility of strategies overlapping their trades. And that will make the "portfolio only" listing the same as the "all trades" listing.

Hopefully I've explained that properly, but let me know if you have additional questions on this.

Pete
Overload

Postby lenfox » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:44 pm

I have set Strategies to 1 but am still seeing multiple trades that dissapear when clicking portfolio only. In the Last 120 days tab, under the PF column, some trades have a 1 in that field and others have nothing.
lenfox

Postby Overload » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:00 pm

Did you clear the results and restart the search from scratch? If you already had multiple strategies in your multi-system result, they will remain out there even if you change this setting. You'll need to enter the Setups > OneClick Setups menu, highlight the setup you're using, and click the "Clear Results" button to restart that search from scratch. After that, you should only have 1 strategy in your final result, and all trades should have a 1 in the PF column.

Please give this a try and let me know if that takes care of it.

Pete
Overload

Postby lenfox » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:37 pm

That worked. Thanks
lenfox

Return to OneClick Searches and Scoring