Changing Portfolio Sizes within your search

StrataSearch will find what you tell it to, but what should that be? Will the same criteria work across different Sectors? Different time periods? Here we discuss the ins and outs of OneClick Searches.

Changing Portfolio Sizes within your search

Postby Overload » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:45 pm

The OneClick search allows you to set specific portfolio sizes for both the individual strategies it builds, and the final multi-system. Why would you want them to be different? It might be the case that you ultimately want to trade a Portfolio Size of 20. But you might find that some of the best trading systems can support only a Portfolio Size of 5.

In this case, you can specify that you wish to evaluate the individual strategies with a Portfolio Size of 5, and that will allow you to find the best individual trading systems. But, when combined, you wish to use a Portfolio Size of 20 for trading the complete multi-system. Using this option, your multi-system will be enhanced to create the best combination of trading systems for a 20 stock portfolio.

To set the Portfolio Sizes of your search, enter the Setups > OneClick Setups and update the search of your choice. On the General tab, look for the Portfolio Sizes settings.

Pete
Overload

Re: Changing Portfolio Sizes within your search

Postby JLG » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:24 am

As I recall there is a way to work with Custom Portfolio strategies larger than 20. I think this begins with putting the desired Custom Portfolio Size in the Trade Settings. Then In the One Click set up the Maximum Open Positions Per Strategy is set to zero as a default which allows use of the larger Custom Porfolio Size. This allows generation of reports with the larger Custom Portfolio Size. But I think Strategy and MultiSystem Scoring is limited to a maximum Portfolio Size of 20? Is this correct or is my memory faulty?

I tried to find this in the forum but a search against Custom Portfolio Size returned "too many common words" and I couldn't find this set up of larger portfolio sizes in the program help (but my effort was certainly not exhaustive).
JLG
JLG

Re: Changing Portfolio Sizes within your search

Postby Overload » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:38 am

But I think Strategy and MultiSystem Scoring is limited to a maximum Portfolio Size of 20? Is this correct or is my memory faulty?

That is correct. The Custom Portfolio Size is for use in the display of the Detailed Analysis only. OneClick scoring and filtering currently has a maximum Portfolio Size of 20.

Pete
Overload

Return to OneClick Searches and Scoring