How to prevent a single strategy from dominating the OneClic

StrataSearch will find what you tell it to, but what should that be? Will the same criteria work across different Sectors? Different time periods? Here we discuss the ins and outs of OneClick Searches.

How to prevent a single strategy from dominating the OneClic

Postby mandelmus » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:42 pm

I asked StrataSearch to create a OneClick search with up to 5 strategies. One of the five strategies has such a high fitness score (and number of trades) that it is dominating the other strategies. I looked at that dominant strategy and its not a strategy I would consider actually trading. As I continue running the OneClick search, it doesn't appear that any newer/better strategies will bump out the single dominant strategy. Is there a way to delete that one dominant strategy and let the same OneClick continue searching using the existing non-dominant strategies? How do I prevent a single strategy from dominating all the others?
mandelmus

Re: How to prevent a single strategy from dominating the One

Postby Overload » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:58 am

There are 2 ways of clearing a dominating strategy from your search. If that is the only strategy in the results, you can just click the "Clear Results" button on the OneClick Setup and the search will start over from scratch. Or, if you have other strategies you'd like to keep, you can enter the Strategy Setups and check the "Show Hidden" box. You can then locate your OneClick Strategies and delete the one causing the problem. The OneClick Strategy will begin with OC:, followed by the name of your OneClick.

There isn't a feature specifically for preventing such a dominating strategy. But you may be able to add filters to the Strategy Performance tab of the OneClick Setup that help. For example, you could add a filter to prevent excessively long holding periods, or prevent strategies that have too high a percent in the market. Or, if there are certain trading rules that are dominating, you can exclude those rules from the AutoSearch Setup being used.

Hopefully this helps.

Pete
Overload

Return to OneClick Searches and Scoring