Menu Access to Entry and Exit Strings

Let us know your likes and dislikes, or what you'd like to see next. We listen!

Menu Access to Entry and Exit Strings

Postby trader.syoung » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:10 pm

Is there a way to provide direct menu access to the Entry and Exit Strings?

As far as I know - Now you have to work thru one of the AutoSearch Definition - and they all get you to the same list - with the only difference being which ones are checked for that Autosearch.

Also it would be useful to be able to copy a Entry/Exit string from one tab to another (or at least - copy those portions that are applicable to the destination tab.) - Thanks for your consideration.
trader.syoung

Re: Menu Access to Entry and Exit Strings

Postby Overload » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:04 pm

There isn't a way to access the AutoSearch Trading Rules, except through the AutoSearch Setups themselves. We considered providing access to them directly through their own menus, but the truth is that they still need to be referenced (and often updated) through the AutoSearch Setups. So providing them their own menu access would be redundant, and possibly even more confusing to some users.

As for copying from one tab to another, I agree, and have wanted that as well. I will put it on the list. In the meantime, you can right-click anywhere in the Entry or Exit String and select "Copy Complete Strategy". This copies all settings, including formulas, variables, rank settings, and order types. You can then exit and click Add to create a new Trading Rule, right-click in the Entry or Exit String, and select "Paste Complete Strategy". All applicable settings will then be quickly copied to your new setup.

Pete
Overload

Re: Menu Access to Entry and Exit Strings

Postby trader.syoung » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:35 pm

Thanks Pete, for the quick work-around.
Steven
trader.syoung

Return to Comments and Suggestions