Bactest Summary

Let us know your likes and dislikes, or what you'd like to see next. We listen!

Bactest Summary

Postby taowave » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:25 pm

Hi Pete,
I am looking for a way to compare the detailed analysis of the different systems I run.Maybe SS already has a "summary" page that can compare the various risk/reward metrics side by side??

Lets say i run 10 different systems and they all have comparable returns.It would be nice to have a summary page that details the stats of each system so I can easily determine the good,bad and the ugly of the various systems side by side.

Does SS have that capability to the attachment posted??

Allan
Attachments
ssex.jpg
ssex.jpg (208.68 KiB) Viewed 3692 times
taowave

Re: Bactest Summary

Postby Overload » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:22 am

No, apart from the Combination Results Listing, there isn't a way to compare multiple Detailed Analyses in a grid. But that is a good idea, and I will put it on the list.

Pete
Overload

Postby taowave » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:47 am

I have a silly question..In Combo listings,how can I show that the system I am looking at is using the Ranking..
If I run 2 identical systems with the same primary rule,one with rank and one without,I would like to be able to quickly see and compare ranking vs non ranking results.

*I see that by adding the Rank field it works almost perfectly!!
However its not perfect:)

Could you add Ascending vs Descending to the Rank field? SS has taught me to always backtest the exact opposite of what I think works,so I typically test both Ascending and Descending

Thanks Pete,

Allan
taowave

Postby Overload » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:07 pm

Click the Views... button on the Combination Results Listing, and then update the View of your choice. You can then use the ---> to move the Rank field over to the position of your choice in the View.

Pete
Overload

Postby taowave » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:04 pm

Hi Pete ,
I have the rank column and rule, but I would like it to
show if the rank is in descending order or ascending.
I typically run ascending and descending rank on the same rule
As Ss has pointed out that the opposite of my beliefs is often
The way to go.

Overload wrote:Click the Views... button on the Combination Results Listing, and then update the View of your choice. You can then use the ---> to move the Rank field over to the position of your choice in the View.

Pete
taowave

Postby Overload » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:46 am

You are correct that the ascending/descending direction does not currently display. I will put this on the list. Thanks for the suggestion.

Pete
Overload

Postby Drew » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:36 am

Allan,
My workaround is to code the second box with an A,D or O for no ranking. All within the same strategy group.

Drew
Attachments
Capture1.jpg
Capture1.jpg (29.15 KiB) Viewed 3620 times
Drew

Postby taowave » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:10 am

Hi Drew,
Thats a great workaround.How did you populate those columns with an A,D,O?

Allan

Drew wrote:Allan,
My workaround is to code the second box with an A,D or O for no ranking. All within the same strategy group.

Drew
taowave

Postby Drew » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:18 pm

Prior to Running a detail combo. Click on Comments and Flags. Its on the same tab.

Drew
Drew

Postby taowave » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:42 pm

Not sure I am getting it..

If I run 2 opimizable autosearch's with the same primary rule but one with descending rank and the other with ascending,are you saying I can flag the rules before running the AS and see the impact of descending vs ascending rank?

Sorry for the confusion,

Allan
taowave

Postby Drew » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:45 pm

Alan,

No problem... Confusion is part and parcel of back-testing. I've been there myself (Pete will attest to that statement).

I've attached a screenshot from the StrataSearch help section with a bold yellow arrow indicating where the input is to code D,A or O for descending, ascending and so on.
Capture1.jpg
Capture1.jpg (69.64 KiB) Viewed 3468 times

I generally code it after running a detail combo because I like to add a comment or two after reviewing the combo results.
Often I have run a strategy with ascending only - view results-then run the same code descending - or without any ranking at all.

Drew
Drew

Return to Comments and Suggestions