showing benchmark perf in Portfolio Manager

Questions directed to our Support Team. Responses can be expected within 24 hours.

showing benchmark perf in Portfolio Manager

Postby timr411 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:21 am

Hi Pete,

When I had set up a Portfolio Manager tab in Daily Signals, it asked me for a benchmark, which I entered. I then entered a number of trades, both Buys and Sells. When I select the Performance Report from the drop-down options, I get the performance of these transactions, but it doesn't show how well these transactions performed relative to the benchmark that I entered when I set up the Portfolio Manager. In this case, what is the benchmark used for, and why doesn't it show up in the Performance Report to see how my trades are doing relative to it?

Thanks!
timr411

Re: showing benchmark perf in Portfolio Manager

Postby Overload » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:44 pm

When you've set a benchmark for the Portfolio Manager, it will display that benchmark on the Unrealized and Realized Equity Charts. This allows you to see your portfolio equity on the chart compared against the benchmark equity. But you are correct that the Detailed Analysis additionally places the benchmark on the Performance tab (similar to the Performance Report in the Portfolio Manager), and I agree they should be equal. So I will put that on the list for a future upgrade.

Pete
Overload

Return to Technical Support