Charting from Screener

Questions directed to our Support Team. Responses can be expected within 24 hours.

Charting from Screener

Postby taowave » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:43 am

Hi Pete,
I have gone back to TC2007,and a lot of my work is with sector performance.When I run a sector/industry screen,I noticed I could not save the results to a "sector".

I would like to know if there is a way to choose what type of chart I would like to see when I select the results from the screen.As an example,I am running a weekly screen,and I would like to select the sectors/stocks that passed and automatically open a weekly chart with my indicators on the chart.Is there a default setting I can use so the chart of my choice is automatically selected upon double clicking on a stock?

Thanks,

Allan
taowave

Re: Charting from Screener

Postby Overload » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:02 am

I have gone back to TC2007,and a lot of my work is with sector performance.When I run a sector/industry screen,I noticed I could not save the results to a "sector".

That is correct. StrataSearch does not have a feature for Sector Groups.

I would like to know if there is a way to choose what type of chart I would like to see when I select the results from the screen.As an example,I am running a weekly screen,and I would like to select the sectors/stocks that passed and automatically open a weekly chart with my indicators on the chart.Is there a default setting I can use so the chart of my choice is automatically selected upon double clicking on a stock?

Yes. First create and save a chart setup with the settings you want. You can do this through the Display > Charts menu. Then enter the Setups > Default Charts menu and change the Screener Results selection to the chart of your choice. When double-clicking on Screener results, that chart will then display as the default chart.

Pete
Overload

Return to Technical Support