Adding a database

Questions directed to our Support Team. Responses can be expected within 24 hours.

Adding a database

Postby taowave » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:32 pm

Hi Pete,
I have decided to use TC2000 data again and have completely forgotten how to add a database..

Is there a reference I could read or perhaps a little help

Thanks,

Allan
taowave

Re: Adding a database

Postby Overload » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:34 pm

If you're switching prices databases, I would recommend starting an entirely new Data Folder. Here are the steps to do that:

1) On the Setups > System Settings menu, check the box for "Launch Data Folder Selection Automatically at Startup".

2) Close and reopen StrataSearch.

3) At startup, you will see the "Select StrataSearch Data Folder" window. Click the New... button, and enter a name for your new Data Folder. Leave the setting for "Create New Data Folder" and then click OK.

4) To start StrataSearch with your new Data Folder, just double-click on that new Data Folder each time when StrataSearch starts.

A new Data Folder is basically a new installation, so you'll need to import prices and sectors, and then you can begin using StrataSearch as you normally would.

You can also start StrataSearch with your old Data Folder, even at the same time. This makes it easy to copy settings from one Data Folder to another when needed.

Hopefully this helps.

Pete
Overload

Re: Adding a database

Postby taowave » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:38 am

That's what I did Pete..Thanks
taowave

Return to Technical Support