Script Language and Custom Formulas DLL

Questions directed to our Support Team. Responses can be expected within 24 hours.

Script Language and Custom Formulas DLL

Postby NextBar » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:30 am

Where can I find a complete definition of the script language?

In the Manual (pages 220 221) I find a description of Parameters, Variables and Return Values and an example with a while Control Structure not explained anywhere in the Manual.
Are there any other Control Structures like for loop, if ... then ... else or others.

The Manual states on page 328, that an example DLL source code named demoAPI can be found in the \api subdirectory.
I cannot find the subdirectory nor the source code. There is only a compiled demoapi.dll in the program Directory.
NextBar

Re: Script Language and Custom Formulas DLL

Postby Overload » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:57 pm

Where can I find a complete definition of the script language?

In the Manual (pages 220 221) I find a description of Parameters, Variables and Return Values and an example with a while Control Structure not explained anywhere in the Manual.
Are there any other Control Structures like for loop, if ... then ... else or others.

If you are looking at the Scripts page in the Help, that is the complete definition. There are no other Control Structures like for loop, if ... then ... else or others.

The Manual states on page 328, that an example DLL source code named demoAPI can be found in the \api subdirectory.
I cannot find the subdirectory nor the source code. There is only a compiled demoapi.dll in the program Directory.

Yes, the example code is in the Data Folder directory, not the program directory. Open the Help > Technical Support menu and then click on the Data Folder link. Windows Explorer will then open, and you should see the \api subdirectory there.

Pete
Overload

Return to Technical Support