Any way to export all 50,000 combination results

Questions directed to our Support Team. Responses can be expected within 24 hours.

Any way to export all 50,000 combination results

Postby mandelmus » Wed May 07, 2014 1:51 pm

Is there a way to export all 50,000 combination results to *.csv instead of just the 10,000 displayed?

I noticed that I can capture a few more results by sorting on different columns and exporting. Then, I append all the exported results to each other, make sure the formatting is the same for all the lists, and run "Data > Remove Duplicates" in Excel. But, that still won't get me all 50,000 results.

Also, is there a way to save strategy results, export them, clear the database, and then re-import them later?
mandelmus

Re: Any way to export all 50,000 combination results

Postby Overload » Thu May 08, 2014 8:28 am

Sorry, but there isn't a way to export the entire database of results to a .csv file. Your method of sorting by different columns might be about the best that can be done. Also, no, there isn't a way to import results back into the database. However, it is possible to have multiple Results Databases by using the File > Results Database menu. Maybe that would be helpful in what you're trying to do.

Pete
Overload

Postby mandelmus » Sat May 10, 2014 1:41 am

Is there a way to know how many combination results have been saved as the optimization progresses?

Also, when listing all the combination results, is there a way to know how many combination results are currently displayed?
mandelmus

Postby Overload » Sat May 10, 2014 3:15 pm

No, there isn't a feature for displaying the counts for these sets of results. However, you can enter the File > Database Maintenance menu and view the total number of results in the current database there. Deleted results still exist in the "Total" column until you click the "Pack Tables" button. The space from the deleted results is then freed, and the Total column will then display the total number of results in the current Results Database.

If result counts are important to you for a OneClick, you can always start the OneClick in a new Results Database from the File > Results Database menu. You'll then be able to use the File > Database Maintenance menu mentioned above to identify how many results were produced by that OneClick.

Pete
Overload

Return to Technical Support