Updated S&P 500 membership

Questions directed to our Support Team. Responses can be expected within 24 hours.

Updated S&P 500 membership

Postby Kevin_in_GA » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:12 pm

Pete: How up to date is the current list for the S&P 500? I often see differences between the list here and at other sites. Can you take a minute and update this list if it has not been done recently?

Thanks,

Kevin
Kevin_in_GA

Re: Updated S&P 500 membership

Postby Overload » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:54 am

You are right that they have not been refreshed recently and are due for that. So I will make that a priority, although it may still be a couple weeks. In the meantime, you can open the File > Import Sectors menu for the ASCII Source Type, and click the Edit button to the right of the Sector File selection. This will open a text file where you can see the last refresh date, and where you can update the list yourself if you'd like.

For the S&P 500, the list comes from this link:

http://www.standardandpoors.com/indices ... --p-us-l--

Open the Download Index Data > Index Constituents link for the complete list of symbols. You'll need to sign up, but it is currently free. And again, I'll make sure this gets refreshed in the next couple weeks. Use the File > Refresh Symbol and Sector Lists menu in StrataSearch to get the latest updates.

Pete
Overload

Return to Technical Support