Can't Edit Chart Value

Questions directed to our Support Team. Responses can be expected within 24 hours.

Can't Edit Chart Value

Postby mandelmus » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:23 pm

I just added a calculation to one of the panels on my charts and all the other calculations disappeared -- I guess they moved off the panel up or down? The panel still displays the values, but I don't see a way to edit that one chart value to recover that panel's display. The value of the problem calculation displays as "REF(LRI( ... = -1.#IND" on the panel title bar ... I was trying to reference the LRI 1 day ago. I know you mentioned adding a right-click context menu which would allow us to access all calculations on each panel even if they were not displayed. Is there a way to recover the calculations on that chart?
mandelmus

Re: Can't Edit Chart Value

Postby Overload » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:31 am

There isn't a way to access a listing of all the indicators on the chart, although that is already on the list. For now, you need to update indicators by selecting them on the chart. In some cases, an indicator might be added that has nothing more than null values and simply cannot be removed. But null values don't actually display on the chart, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem to just leave it there.

In your case, however, it sounds like the indicator is appearing even though it is generating invalid numbers. Based on your description, it sounds like the numbers might be very high. If I'm correct, there will be a horizontal line at the very top of the chart. You may be able to select it, and then right-click to bring up the update/delete menu. You could also check for a horizontal line at the very bottom of the chart, in case it is generating zeros instead of very high numbers.

Pete
Overload

Re: Can't Edit Chart Value

Postby mandelmus » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:59 am

Ya, I tried looking for those horizontal lines, but nothing seemed to select after many attempts, even resizing the panel to maximum and minimum widths. I hope you guys add that request on the next version -- it's a frustrating art selecting chart indicators in SS.
mandelmus

Return to Technical Support