How to display optimized variable in Combination Results

Questions directed to our Support Team. Responses can be expected within 24 hours.

How to display optimized variable in Combination Results

Postby mandelmus » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:30 am

I want one of my optimized variables (from the rank selection custom formula tab) to display in the "ExitString" column of the "Combination Results" window as a quick reference, as opposed to having to right-click and view the "View Combination" window for each result. I decided to add that variable following an "or" statement (i.e., "GTCLimit(2) or $daysheld >= 0 or @Days"), but I'm not sure if/how StrataSearch will interpret that variable in that position. Is there a another/better way to display that optimized variable for quick reference?
mandelmus

Re: How to display optimized variable in Combination Results

Postby Overload » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:18 am

Yes, there is a better way. It is possible to place a "Rank" column directly into the Combination Results Listing.

Within the Combination Results Listing, click the Views... button in the upper-right. Then update the "Main View" item (or whichever "View" you prefer). You can then highlight "Rank" on the left side and click the --> button to move it into the list of Selected Fields. Use the Move Up and Move Down buttons to then place the Rank column directly after the Exit String column, or wherever you'd like to place it.

Pete
Overload

Postby mandelmus » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:39 pm

That was easy, except, my rank string is really long -- taking up 5 lines -- and the optimized variable occupies the last 3 characters of the string, so I can't easily see my optimized variable unless I stretch the column width way across. If I just leave it the way I have it, will StrataSearch essentially ignore it or will StrataSearch interpret it as some kind of exit condition?
mandelmus

Postby Overload » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:42 pm

Yes, you can do it using your method of using a non-used variable at the beginning of your Exit String. But keep in mind that you'll need to use a variable implementation that doesn't otherwise change your strategy. For example, using this:

or $daysheld >= 0 or @Days

Your use of @Days becomes a boolean reference (yes or no) to zero because you have not compared it to anything. In other words, your evaluation will be true if @Days is not zero, and it will be false if it is zero. That may be what you want, but you will need to make sure it does not change your system.

Pete
Overload

Return to Technical Support