Switching Data folders

Questions directed to our Support Team. Responses can be expected within 24 hours.

Switching Data folders

Postby taowave » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:39 pm

Hi Pete,
I recently set up a new data folder using Yahoo data.Previously,I was running TC2007,and I had created many custom formulas and charts.It appears that thers dont show up in my Yahoo data folder.Anyway I can access them or do I have to create the strategies over manually.

Thanks,

Allan
taowave

Re: Switching Data folders

Postby Jaded » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:07 pm

I would suggest that you start up using the old data folder, export what you need, load up the new data folder copy and then import. In Settings -> System Settings you can tell it to pop up and ask you for which data folder to use on startup so you can switch between them.
Jaded

Postby Overload » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:19 am

Jaded is correct. Each Data Folder is a completely unique installation, so it's not possible to reference strategies, prices or results from one Data Folder when operating in another.

But you can open your old Data Folder and use the File > Export Database menu to export the Custom Formulas and other setups to an export file. I don't recommend exporting all results, since this can take an incredibly long time to do. You can then enter the File > Import Database within the new Data Folder to import those items.

Pete
Overload

Postby taowave » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:23 pm

Thanks guys,that certainly made life alot easier..BTw,once you open one folder,can you simply switch to another folder?

Allan
taowave

Postby Overload » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:30 am

You can't switch back and forth between different Data Folders. But you can open multiple Data Folders at the same time. After you've opened one Data Folder, just start StrataSearch again and select another Data Folder.

Pete
Overload

Return to Technical Support