Why isn’t my Dynamic Trading Strategy producing any results?

General information on StrataSearch, including Frequently Asked Questions.

Postby JoeUser » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:21 pm

JoeUser

Postby Avarin » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:51 pm

Results for Dynamic Trading Strategies are produced only when each of the segments (i.e. time periods) has been completed. So, for example, if you’re evaluating a 5-year Evaluation Period, with new multi-systems being implemented monthly, you’ll only see new results after the first multi-system has been selected and tested.

The search time for each segment is configured in the OneClick Setups, on the Dynamic Strategies tab. The Search Time Initial Period identifies how much time is devoted to finding the first multi-system, and therefore this defines the period of time required before you will see your first results. For example, if this is set to 2 days, you will not see results until 2 days have passed. The Search Time Normal Periods identifies how frequently after the first results you will see additional results.

Important: Keep in mind that dynamic strategies are a progression through the full Evaluation Period. The first results will be based only on trading of the first month (or whatever time period is used). Thus it may take the completion of numerous segments before the benefits of an approach can be seen.
Avarin
Site Admin

Return to Help Tutorials and FAQ