Beta Version 4.0.901 Released

News and other information that may be important to StrataSearch users.

Postby Overload » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:23 pm

It would be nice if i could specify the custom chart to be defaulted to depending on which signals generated the results.

You're correct that the setting is global rather than specific to the Signal. I'll put this on the list as a possible future enhancement, but it probably won't be before Version 5.0. And, as I'm sure you already know, requests from licensed users always carry a bit more weight than those from trial users.

Pete
Overload

Postby Overload » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:27 pm

my daily signal just ran and I did not receive an email of the results as I was expecting. The ping works just fine so any ideas as to why the results didn't get emailed?

This has been tested numerous times on a variety of servers. You might want to wait a bit just to make sure that the message isn't temporarily hung up at your smtp server. Also, you should verify your recipient e-mail address in the Signal Setup, just to be sure. If you're sure the e-mail is definitely not going through, let me know and we can dig a bit deeper.

Pete
Overload

Postby erdiesel » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:45 pm

Overload wrote:
It would be nice if i could specify the custom chart to be defaulted to depending on which signals generated the results.

You're correct that the setting is global rather than specific to the Signal. I'll put this on the list as a possible future enhancement, but it probably won't be before Version 5.0. And, as I'm sure you already know, requests from licensed users always carry a bit more weight than those from trial users.

Pete

Hahaha, of course licensed users come first. I'm 98.99% sure i'm going to purchase your program :)
erdiesel

Postby erdiesel » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:47 pm

Overload wrote:
my daily signal just ran and I did not receive an email of the results as I was expecting. The ping works just fine so any ideas as to why the results didn't get emailed?

This has been tested numerous times on a variety of servers. You might want to wait a bit just to make sure that the message isn't temporarily hung up at your smtp server. Also, you should verify your recipient e-mail address in the Signal Setup, just to be sure. If you're sure the e-mail is definitely not going through, let me know and we can dig a bit deeper.

Pete

This is via gmail so i'm pretty sure their smtp server is fine. in fact i tested it with a ping and i received the ping. i had only set myself up as the receiver of the emailed signals (the config was setup using the settings for this email addy, a gmail account if that makes a difference).
erdiesel

Postby erdiesel » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:51 pm

erdiesel wrote:
Overload wrote:

Pete

This is via gmail so i'm pretty sure their smtp server is fine. in fact i tested it with a ping and i received the ping. i had only set myself up as the receiver of the emailed signals (the config was setup using the settings for this email addy, a gmail account if that makes a difference).

hmmmm here's more info. the signal that didn't generate the email before was from a scheduled run. I manually kicked off the daily signal again and this time the email went out. i'm wondering if the automated scheduler method of running the signals is not sending out the email.
erdiesel

Postby Dacamic » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:18 am

erdiesel wrote:hmmmm here's more info. the signal that didn't generate the email before was from a scheduled run. I manually kicked off the daily signal again and this time the email went out. i'm wondering if the automated scheduler method of running the signals is not sending out the email.

In the relevant Schedules Setup, is "Send Configured E-mails" checked?
Steve
Dacamic

Postby erdiesel » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:39 am

Dacamic wrote:
erdiesel wrote:hmmmm here's more info. the signal that didn't generate the email before was from a scheduled run. I manually kicked off the daily signal again and this time the email went out. i'm wondering if the automated scheduler method of running the signals is not sending out the email.

In the relevant Schedules Setup, is "Send Configured E-mails" checked?

Yes it is
erdiesel

Postby Overload » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:21 am

i'm wondering if the automated scheduler method of running the signals is not sending out the email.

Okay, we'll run some tests on it here and see if we can recreate this. If you haven't yet, could you try this a few times just to make sure it wasn't a one-time event?

Thanks,
Pete
Overload

Postby erdiesel » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:27 pm

Overload wrote:
i'm wondering if the automated scheduler method of running the signals is not sending out the email.

Okay, we'll run some tests on it here and see if we can recreate this. If you haven't yet, could you try this a few times just to make sure it wasn't a one-time event?

Thanks,
Pete

Sure will. My signals run at 8:30 pm so I will see if an auto email gets sent out then.

As a fyi, last night, I actually had the display signals screen up with the previous days signal results in the foreground. The scheduler kicked off the signal run for the 24th while the previous days signals were still in the foreground. So i'm wondering if this makes a difference. In any case, tonight, i will have nothing on the screen when the signal runs and if the email gets sent successfully i'll schedule another run with the signals in the foreground prior to the next run to see if that still triggers an email.
erdiesel

Postby Overload » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:52 pm

Okay, thanks for doing that additional testing. It shouldn't make any difference if the Signals Listing is open or not, since that's an entirely different process.

We've run some tests here and haven't had any problems at all. One question I hadn't considered previously, but have you checked your spam folder? Some e-mail servers might mistake a StrataSearch Signals Listing as spam, so it's worthwhile checking that possibility.

Pete
Overload

Postby erdiesel » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:39 pm

Overload wrote:Okay, thanks for doing that additional testing. It shouldn't make any difference if the Signals Listing is open or not, since that's an entirely different process.

We've run some tests here and haven't had any problems at all. One question I hadn't considered previously, but have you checked your spam folder? Some e-mail servers might mistake a StrataSearch Signals Listing as spam, so it's worthwhile checking that possibility.

Pete

yup, first thing that i did was check the spam folder. not in there. i'm also going to try and run the signals with the process on the screen and without and see if that makes a difference. when i ran the signals manually and got the email results, the processor was on the screen.
erdiesel

Postby Dacamic » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:55 pm

A few more questions:
    1. What is your setting for Date Offset in your signal's Schedules Setup;
    2. Do your scheduled signals run the same day as the last day of your price data; and,
    3. Does your Event Viewer shown error messages that were posted when the scheduled signal processing ran?
Steve
Dacamic

Postby erdiesel » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:09 pm

Dacamic wrote:A few more questions:
    1. What is your setting for Date Offset in your signal's Schedules Setup;
    2. Do your scheduled signals run the same day as the last day of your price data; and,
    3. Does your Event Viewer shown error messages that were posted when the scheduled signal processing ran?

1) Date offset = None

2) Yes, scheduled signals run same day as eod prices for the day

3) No error messages posted in the event viewer for the scheduled run. Says process initiated for the sigal and 15 minutes later process successfully completed for the signals. no exceptions/errors were logged.
erdiesel

Postby Dacamic » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:53 pm

Well, everything looks like it was set-up and worked properly ... with the obvious exception that an e-mail message was not received.

At this point, it probably makes sense to simply wait to see what happens when your scheduled signal runs this evening.
Steve
Dacamic

Postby erdiesel » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:56 pm

Dacamic wrote:Well, everything looks like it was set-up and worked properly ... with the obvious exception that an e-mail message was not received.

At this point, it probably makes sense to simply wait to see what happens when your scheduled signal runs this evening.

okay, daily signal finished 10 minutes ago and no email has been received. i left stratasearch on with nothing open within.

:(
erdiesel

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements