Beta Version 4.0.901 Released

News and other information that may be important to StrataSearch users.

Postby taowave » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:44 pm

didnt work

Overload wrote:
Quotes Plus

I'd recommend reimporting prices from scratch. Use the File > Import Prices menu, and then select the 3rd option to "Clear Previous Prices, Symbols and Sectors". You'll then need to reimport Sectors after that completes. Give this a try and let me know if it takes care of it.

Thanks,
Pete
taowave

Postby Overload » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:42 am

didnt work

That's a real mystery, as I've not heard of any other QP users having the same problem, and I'm not having it here. You mentioned you're getting this in both V3 and V4. Can you tell me when this started in V3?

It might be helpful if I looked more closely at your symbols table. When you get a chance, please e-mail the following file to me at support@stratasearch.com:

c:\Program Files\StrataSearch Version 4.0\Prices\sym.dbf

Thanks,
Pete
Overload

Postby taowave » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:40 pm

Think it started happening when I downloaded version 4

Overload wrote:
didnt work

That's a real mystery, as I've not heard of any other QP users having the same problem, and I'm not having it here. You mentioned you're getting this in both V3 and V4. Can you tell me when this started in V3?

It might be helpful if I looked more closely at your symbols table. When you get a chance, please e-mail the following file to me at support@stratasearch.com:

c:\Program Files\StrataSearch Version 4.0\Prices\sym.dbf

Thanks,
Pete
taowave

Postby Overload » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:15 pm

V4 is installed in an entirely different directory with no shared components, so it shouldn't have had any affect on a V3 installation. However, if you installed V4 *over* your V3 installation, then it could certainly have an influence. That actually might be something worth checking. You should enter the Help > About menu with both your installations and make sure v3 still says 3.2.14 and v4 still says 4.0.901.

I'll also need to get that sym.dbf file mentioned earlier when you have the chance. I can't really proceed without it.

Thanks,
Pete
Overload

Postby taowave » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:24 pm

Hi Pete,

The problem appears to be limited to version 4.09.Ill send the file

Allan

Overload wrote:

V4 is installed in an entirely different directory with no shared components, so it

dn't have had any affect on a V3 installation. However, if you installed V4 *over* your V3 installation, then it could certainly have an influence. That actually might be something worth checking. You should enter the Help > About menu with both your installations and make sure v3 still says 3.2.14 and v4 still says 4.0.901.

I'll also need to get that sym.dbf file mentioned earlier when you have the chance. I can't really proceed without it.

Thanks,
Pete
taowave

Postby Grek » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:48 am

Beta Issue (I think):

When naming the OCS created during the process of defining a WFA based on a result (as after right-clicking on a result and choosing 'Create Walk-Forward Analysis ...' ), only 35 characters are permitted, instead of the newly intended limit of 85 characters for OCS names.
Grek

Postby Overload » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:59 am

When naming the OCS created during the process of defining a WFA based on a result (as after right-clicking on a result and choosing 'Create Walk-Forward Analysis ...' ), only 35 characters are permitted, instead of the newly intended limit of 85 characters for OCS names.

You're exactly right. Thanks, we'll make sure it gets taken care of.

Pete
Overload

Postby erdiesel » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:26 am

I finally got around to installing the beta.........and i have an issue right off the bat

The display signals screen no longer displays a drop down for the different days. In addition the 4.0 display signals screen seems to only have symbol and name columns whereas the 3.0 version had significantly more columns.

Please advise. thanks
erdiesel

Postby erdiesel » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:45 am

erdiesel wrote:I finally got around to installing the beta.........and i have an issue right off the bat

The display signals screen no longer displays a drop down for the different days. In addition the 4.0 display signals screen seems to only have symbol and name columns whereas the 3.0 version had significantly more columns.

Please advise. thanks

Sorry, disregard, i reran the signals and it's working fine now. I guess I expected that the 3.0 generated signals would get copied over into my beta 4.0 version and that is not the case.
erdiesel

Problem configuring email in system settings for gmail

Postby erdiesel » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:52 pm

I put in:

SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com
Return Addy: my email adress
Retun Name: xxxx
Port Number: 465

Use SMTP Authentication is checked
Auh Type: Plain
User: my gmail email address (full email address including @gmail.com)
Password: my gmail passwor
User TSL/SSL Secure Connection is checked

When I try to ping my gmail address using the above settings, it always fails. Is there a problem with my setting?

Thanks
erdiesel

Re: Problem configuring email in system settings for gmail

Postby erdiesel » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:53 pm

erdiesel wrote:I put in:

SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com
Return Addy: my email adress
Retun Name: xxxx
Port Number: 465

Use SMTP Authentication is checked
Auh Type: Plain
User: my gmail email address (full email address including @gmail.com)
Password: my gmail passwor
User TSL/SSL Secure Connection is checked

When I try to ping my gmail address using the above settings, it always fails. Is there a problem with my setting?

Thanks

Arghhhhh, I always do this. Sorry disregard this post. Apparently I need to put in Port Number: 587

Ping worked successfully with port 587. Thanks.
erdiesel

Postby erdiesel » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:09 pm

Okay, finally a real question.

In the new beta, is there a way to change the default chart for the Display Signals screen so that it doesn't always default to the Relative Strenth Index chart?

Thanks
erdiesel

Postby Overload » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:48 pm

Yes, and this is available in Version 3.0 as well. On the Daily Signals Listing, click the Tabs... button. This gives you all the setups for the individual tabs. Double-click the first "Chart" item to update it, and then change the Initial Chart setting to the chart of your choice.

Pete
Overload

Postby erdiesel » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:28 pm

Overload wrote:Yes, and this is available in Version 3.0 as well. On the Daily Signals Listing, click the Tabs... button. This gives you all the setups for the individual tabs. Double-click the first "Chart" item to update it, and then change the Initial Chart setting to the chart of your choice.

Pete

Thanks, didn't know that. Looks as if this is set regardless of the signal. Any possibility that you can specify the specific chart on a per signal basis? I have specific signals based off of certain indicators and therefore create custom charts to match the signals. It would be nice if i could specify the custom chart to be defaulted to depending on which signals generated the results. hope that makes sense
erdiesel

Postby erdiesel » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:49 pm

Also, my daily signal just ran and I did not receive an email of the results as I was expecting. The ping works just fine so any ideas as to why the results didn't get emailed? thanks.
erdiesel

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements