StrataSearch Discontinued

News and other information that may be important to StrataSearch users.

StrataSearch Discontinued

Postby Overload » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:32 pm

After nearly 15 years, StrataSearch is being discontinued. While I believe it remains an outstanding application with features not seen elsewhere, its foundation of Windows XP technology has simply become too much of a burden to maintain. And rather than exert great effort on outdated technology, it's time to instead focus on the future.

Yes, I am working on a StrataSearch replacement that's going to be incredibly cool. But... that's really all I can say about that for now.

Instead, I extend a thanks to the many, many users I've worked with over the years that have offered excellent ideas, supportive comments, and general help in making StrataSearch better. I hope StrataSearch has been (and continues to be) a helpful tool in your investing and trading library.

For a limited time, I have made a free version of StrataSearch available to the public. Please visit the Download page and download your copy soon, as the free version may be removed at any time. Existing subscribers, your free subscriptions will be extended through the end of August, but will then expire. While I could extend your existing subscriptions indefinitely, forcing you to deal with the expiration ensures you'll download the free version while it's available. Should you ever need to move to a new computer at some point in the future, a copy of the free version will be necessary.

Technical support will also be coming to an end, as will the forum. While new posts may no longer be allowed, the forum will remain available as an archive for a limited time. If there are any code samples or other bits of information you wish to keep, now is the time to save them.

Again, thanks for the many great years. I wish you all the best, and look forward to seeing you all again at the official release of...

Best,
Pete
Overload

Return to Announcements